It is possible to submit an application for a Queensland wedding certificate—or replacement wedding certification or commemorative marriage certification package—if you or perhaps the individual you may be trying to get were hitched (plus the wedding registered) into the state.
Your registered celebrant or subscribed minister of faith must record your wedding with us. We do not automatically deliver a certification whenever a married relationship is registered. You’ll want to get one.
You will find 3 kinds of wedding certificate—standard, ceremonial and commemorative. Merely a marriage that is standard can be utilized for official purposes and evidence of modification of title through wedding. You can even make use of your standard wedding certification whenever signing up to federal government agencies and banking institutions.
The ceremonial wedding certification provided to you by the subscribed celebrant or subscribed minister of religion is certainly not formal. You simply cannot utilize it to show your relationship.
Commemorative wedding certification packages include a marriage certificate that is standard.
If perhaps you were married outside Queensland, contact the interstate or offshore registering authority to obtain your certification.
Just how to use
It will require you significantly less than ten minutes to fill this application form in.
- Answer the concerns.
- Select the method that you want to spend the charge.
- Review your details.
- See the e-mail you are sent by us to learn how exactly to finalise the job.
- Have your evidence of ID papers certified by way of a Justice for the Peace or any other person that is authorised.
- Submit your evidence of ID by post or in individual.
- Fill out the wedding certificate form
Post your finished application, or printed order receipt (in the event that you paid online), along with your documents that are certified:
Registry of Births, fatalities and MarriagesPO Box 15188 CITY EAST QLD 4002
We shall commence to process the application as soon as we get your articles.
Processing timeframes for properly done applications that have got all the needed evidence of ID and supporting papers (if required) are:
- 5 company days for non-urgent certificate applications (average processing time—no additional charge)
- 2 company times for urgent certification applications ($29.35)
Please enable additional time for Australia Post to provide your wedding certificate to your target.
See any one of the locations that are following
- The Brisbane registry customer service centre at amount 32, 180 Ann Street, Brisbane
- Certainly one of our agents at a Queensland Magistrates Court or Queensland Government Agent Program (QGAP) workplace (except the Brisbane Magistrates Court)
- JPs within the grouped Community in the event that you pay online
Bring your finished application form, or printed purchase receipt (in the event that you paid online), your proof that is original of along with other supporting documents (if required).
You immediately, unless registered before 1963 if you submit your correctly filled out application at the Brisbane registry customer service centre and the marriage has already been registered, the certificate will be given to.
In the event that wedding had been registered before 1963, the certification will soon be prepared after 2.30pm the business day that is next. Urgent certificates ($29.35) may be prepared in 3 hours ( or the next working day after 1.30pm) if you apply.
Processing timeframes for properly completed applications which are submitted at a Queensland Magistrates Court or QGAP office with the needed evidence of ID and supporting papers (if required) are:
- 5 company times for non-urgent certificate applications (average processing time—no fee that is additional
- 2 company times for urgent certificate applications ($29.35)
Please enable time that is extra Australia Post to provide your wedding certification to your target.
JPs into the Community—online orders just
Bring your printed purchase receipt (in the event that you paid online), your proof that is original of along with other supporting documents (if required).
Processing times stay exactly the same, and start from the time you’ve got confirmed your ID.
Spend the cost
The total price is determined whenever you complete the applying type on the chaturbate review web. You can easily pay:
- By bank card (Visa or MasterCard)
- During the customer support centre
- By EFTPOS or bank card
- With money
- With a continuing company account cheque
- By having a bank cheque
- By having a cash purchase
- Through the mail
- By charge card
- With a continuing company account cheque
- Having a bank cheque
- By having a money purchase.
Make cheques and cash requests payable to ‘Registry of Births, fatalities and Marriages’.
We usually do not accept cheques that are personal.
|Commemorative marriage certificate package (1 standard marriage certification and standard postage included)||$64.50|
|Standard wedding certification (standard postage included)||$49.50|
Standard postage is roofed into the cost when you purchase a certificate to be delivered by mail.
You are able to request to have your certification posted by express or registered post for a cost.
|International registered post||$16.10|
- Fill out the marriage application form that is certificate
Email bdm-mail@justice. Qld.gov.au, we reply to online enquiries within 2 company times.
Local call* 13 QGOV (13 74 68) Overseas +61 7 3328 4811 (+10 hours UTC)
(Phone lines Monday– that is open Friday 8.30am–4.30pm)
*Costs could be greater from cell phones and interstate.
Have the PDF application form
If you should be struggling to finish the form online, you can make use of the PDF application form thereby applying by post or in individual.
Do so online
Correct a certification
Learn how to alter wrong or information that is missing enough time associated with event.